Flaxseed creates this light tasting, dense loaf.
|Flaxseed Brown Bread|| |
Author: Angie Halten
This bread is fairly dense in texture. A healthy choice.
- 4 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 packet traditional yeast
- 2½ cups brown rice flour
- 2 cups white rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil, butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup warm water
- Put 2 tablespoon sugar in 2 cups warm water and stir. Then stir in yeast. Leave in a warm place for a few minutes to develop yeast.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add two eggs and ½ cup of oil or melted butter to warm yeast mixture. Whisk until frothy. Then pour into dry ingredients and mix.
- Add another cup of warm water. Batter should be like a thick cake batter - just pourable. Add water a bit at a time and continue stirring to get desired consistency. Do not over beat but be sure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed with no lumps.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans and set in warm place to rise for about an hour.
- Bake at 350° F for 60-80 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches between 200°F-208°F, using an instant read thermometer (using a thermometer is the only way to be sure you loaf is fully cooked).
[hr]FAQ: Learn the secrets to baking the perfect loaf of bread!