Loaded with veggies, great aroma and flavor.
|Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing|| |
- 2 cups crumbled prepared cornbread
- 1½ cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 head garlic, baked*
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 links of GF sausage
- 14oz GF chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine crumbled cornbread and with rice in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, pierce sausages then boil in water for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 Tbsp olive oil and sauté carrots and celery for 2 minutes. Then add onions and green peppers and sauté until soft. Add this to the rice mixture, along with the baked garlic.
- Rinse sausage in cold water, remove skin and crumble sausage. Then sauté in pan until light brown, then add to rice-vegetable mixture.
- Add chicken broth, stir well until moistened. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pack into lasagna pan, and bake at 400F for 30-40 minutes (if top is getting too brown, cover lightly with foil).