Basic vanilla cake – use on its own, or can be used for strawberry shortcake or tiramisu.
|Light Vanilla Cake|| |
Author: Angie Halten
Basic vanilla cake - use on its own, or can be used for strawberry shortcake or tiramisu.
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 3½ cups rice flour
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Beat together egg yolks, butter, and sugar.
- Combine the milk, corn starch, rice flour and vanilla sugar, then add to the yolk mixture. Beat together for about three minutes.
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold into mixture with baking powder.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until done.