Using a cookie crust adds great flavor and speeds the prep time.
|Chocolate Cheesecake|| |
- ⅓ box of GF soft chocolate cookies (7.25 oz /box), finely crushed
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 (8 oz) pkgs GF cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Combine crust ingredients and press evenly into the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Then bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then gradually beat in the sugar and then the cocoa, until fluffy. Add the vanilla and then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Place the springform pan onto a baking sheet, then pour filling over crust. Bake until center is firm, about 1 hour.
- Run knife along sides of pan and let cool.