Great one its own, or as a filling in a yellow or white layer cake.
Great on its own, or in a filling for a yellow or white layer cake.
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs separated
- Cream butter and sugar, add flours, salt, lemon rind & juice, milk and egg yolks.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff then fold into batter.
- Pour into a square glass dish, and place into a larger pan of hot water.
- Bake at 325°F for 40 minutes (do not overcook). Let cool, then pour into a an air tight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!