You would never guess this sweet treat is make from just white chocolate. With such a unique and delicious flavor, everyone is going to love it. It is quite brittle, so choose a simple mold or just break into pieces, then let it melt in your mouth!
Place the white chocolate in a baking dish with higher sides – the pie plate I used made stirring the chocolate difficult without making a mess. Remove from oven every 10 minutes to gently stir the chocolate.
Once the mixture turns a lovely golden color, and you can noticeably smell its caramel aroma, its ready! Scrape it into a mini food processor with a bit of oil and blend it until smooth and creamy.
Spoon into molds, or pour into a silicon baking pan or a parchment lined one. This type of ‘fudge’ is quite brittle, so don’t be too disappointed if when you un-mold the candies not all of them pop out perfectly (unless you use silicon molds that is – those are great!).
|White Chocolate ‘Fudge’|| |
- 6oz white chocolate
- 1 tsp vegetable oil, if necessary
- Pinch salt
- Break chocolate into small pieces (or use white chocolate chips) and place in a casserole dish. I used a pie plate, but with such low sides it was hard to stir without making a mess. Bake at 250°F for 10 minutes.
- Stir and continue to bake, stirring after every 10 minutes until color changes to a deep caramel color, about 30-50 minutes.
- Depending on the quality of chocolate used, you may need to run the chocolate through a food processor along with a teaspoon of oil to smooth the chocolate out. Add a pinch of salt to heighten the caramel flavor.
- Pour into molds or spread out into a parchment lined square pan, then chill until set.
- Un-mold/break into pieces and enjoy!