Sweet crunchy bits of maple flavored pecans are the perfect topping over ice cream, in between a layer cake, sprinkled on top of frosted cupcakes, or anything else you can think of!
|Praline|| || |
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cups half & half cream
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups pecans, chopped or ground (your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In saucepan heat sugars and cream on med-high heat to 234°F (use candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and add butter – but don’t stir. Set aside for 10 minutes, then stir in pecans and beat vigorously until thick and glossy, about 20 seconds.
- Pour onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, and quickly spread out into a thin layer before it sets.
- Cool completely at room temperature, then crumble as fine or as chunky as you like.
Makes about 3 cups