The best pancake ever. No, really – ever! Cornmeal and lemon zest pair perfectly together to create this light and delicious pancake.
Lemon & Cornmeal Pancakes
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 3/4 cup GF cornmeal fine grind
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine melted
- 3/4 cup milk or milk alternative
- Zest from 2 lemons
- In a bowl, mix the milk and cornmeal together. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the cornmeal to soften. Then mix in eggs one at a time.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in another bowl. Add in the cornmeal mixture and the cooled melted butter and zest. Whisk together until smooth. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes so batter can thicken (if too thick, add 1/4 cup more milk).
- Pour into a hot grease griddle.