The best pancake ever. No, really – ever! Cornmeal and lemon zest pair perfectly together to create this light and delicious pancake.
|Lemon & Cornmeal Pancakes|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
The best pancake ever. No, really - ever!
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¾ cup GF cornmeal (fine grind)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- ¾ cup milk or milk alternative
- Zest from 2 lemons
- In a bowl, mix the milk and cornmeal together. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the cornmeal to soften. Then mix in eggs one at a time.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in another bowl. Add in the cornmeal mixture and the cooled melted butter and zest. Whisk together until smooth. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes so batter can thicken (if too thick, add ¼ cup more milk).
- Pour into a hot grease griddle.