Need a change of pancake? This may just be the one for you!
Rice Griddle Cakes
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup GF cornmeal finely ground
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice white or brown
- 2 cups milk or milk alternative
- 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Thoroughly mix cornmeal, potato starch, salt, sugar, baking powder and rice flour.
- Mix the rice, milk, oil, vanilla, egg yolks and vinegar in different bowl. Now mix both bowls together thoroughly.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter, then use a spoon to scoop the batter on a greased griddle. Turn them once they've browned slightly.