Ever cook with the entire orange? Try out this yummy orange cake and see what a difference in flavor it makes. This has a nice light ‘icing’, and can be topped with fresh berries.
|Orange Cake with Whipped White Chocolate Frosting|| |
- 5 oranges (1lb)
- 6 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2⅓ cups almond flour/meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1¾ cups GF white chocolate
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Boil the oranges (skin and all), covered for 50 minutes. Remove from water, allow to cool and cut into quarters (don't forget to remove the seeds). Purée in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl add sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time until mixture is thick. Stir in the almond meal, orange purée, and baking powder.
- Pour batter into a greased and lined 9x9 cake pan (or bundt) and bake for about an hour at 350°F. Set aside to cool.
- For frosting, melt chocolate on low heat then set aside to allow to cool slightly. Beat whipping cream until thick, then slowly fold in the cooled melted chocolate. Spread over cooled cake.