A nice addition to Sunday morning.
|Waffles with Mixed Berries|| |
- ⅓ cup bean flour
- ⅓ cup rice flour
- ⅓ cup potato starch
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 5 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, blueberries or strawberries
- Mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Combine beaten egg yolks, milk and shortening; add to dry ingredients, beating until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form, then fold into mixture along with berries.
- Pour batter into hot greased waffle iron.