A bit of lemon zest adds a ton of flavor to these fried patties, and when topped with your favorite gluten free dressing, they are super quick to put together for a light lunch or dinner.
|Lemon Chickpea Burgers|| || |
- 1 cup GF bread crumbs
- 19 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup cilantro or Italian parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and pulse a few times until combined (but still a bit chunky-you don’t want to purée it).
- Shape into 4 patties and fry in a non-stick pan with some olive oil until golden on each side.
- Top your burger buns with lettuce, tomato, cucumber slices, and your favorite GF salad dressing (I like a cucumber dill brand with this type of burger).