Delicious side dish bursting with flavor from the lemon and fresh chives.
|Zucchini Spaghetti with Lemon & Chives|| || |
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 cup light cream
- ⅓ cup fresh chives, minced
- 3 zucchini, rinsed, dried, and trimmed at both ends
- In a small jar, combine lemon juice and ½ tsp salt. Cover and shake until salt is dissolved. Then add cream and chives, and shake to blend.
- Using the julienne blade of a mandoline, slice zucchini into long (cut zucchini in half if you prefer), thin strips. Transfer to a colander and toss with ½ tsp salt. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature, then pat any excess moisture with paper towel.
- Gently warm the dressing in a fry pan to a simmer so it thickens a bit, then toss with the (raw) zucchini in a serving bowl. The sauce will warm the zucchini.