Delicious side dish bursting with flavor from the lemon and fresh chives.
Zucchini Spaghetti with Lemon & Chives
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/3 cup fresh chives minced
- 3 zucchini rinsed, dried, and trimmed at both ends
- In a small jar, combine lemon juice and 1/2 tsp salt. Cover and shake until salt is dissolved. Then add cream and chives, and shake to blend.
- Using the julienne blade of a mandoline, slice zucchini into long (cut zucchini in half if you prefer), thin strips. Transfer to a colander and toss with 1/2 tsp salt. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature, then pat any excess moisture with paper towel.
- Gently warm the dressing in a fry pan to a simmer so it thickens a bit, then toss with the (raw) zucchini in a serving bowl. The sauce will warm the zucchini.