Load up on your favorite mushrooms to make this a great quiche.
Brown Mushroom & Cheese Quiche
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp GF chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Heat oil in skillet, and sauté onions for 4 minutes, or until they become tender. Toss in the mushrooms and keep sauteing for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, dissolve cornstarch in milk and beat until this texture is smooth, then add eggs.
- Dissolve chicken soup mix in hot water and mix this thoroughly, then add to egg mixture.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into mixture including the mushrooms and onions, and blend well.
- Pour into a greased pie plate, and bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned.