Load up on your favorite mushrooms to make this a great quiche.
|Brown Mushroom & Cheese Quiche|| |
- 4 eggs
- 2½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup milk or milk alternative
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ⅛ cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp GF chicken bouillon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Heat oil in skillet, and sauté onions for 4 minutes, or until they become tender. Toss in the mushrooms and keep sauteing for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, dissolve cornstarch in milk and beat until this texture is smooth, then add eggs.
- Dissolve chicken soup mix in hot water and mix this thoroughly, then add to egg mixture.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into mixture including the mushrooms and onions, and blend well.
- Pour into a greased pie plate, and bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned.