These chocolate chip muffins are great packed in the kids lunch box.
|Chocolate Chip Muffins|| |
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup soy flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk alternative
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup GF chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a greased muffin tin or paper lined muffin cups, then sprinkle tops of muffins with a few remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-16 minutes, or until internal temperature of muffin reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.