These chocolate chip muffins are great packed in the kids lunch box.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk alternative
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup GF chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a greased muffin tin or paper lined muffin cups, then sprinkle tops of muffins with a few remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-16 minutes, or until internal temperature of muffin reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.