Using a muffin tin will help give these the shape of traditional tray buns.
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative warmed
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour blend*
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- In a bowl combine milk and honey, then sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Using a mixer, combine remaining ingredients and pour in yeast mixture. Blend until just mixed, then cover with towel and place in a warm spot for 1 hour. Mixture should rise a bit.
- Grease a muffin tin, English muffin rings, or the wells of a hamburger bun pan, and scoop dough in slightly overfilling. Cover with a greased plastic wrap, place in a warm spot for another 45 minutes.
- Bake buns at 350°F for about 40 minutes, or until internal temperature of bun reaches between 200°F-208°F, using an instant read thermometer (using a thermometer is the only way to be sure breads are fully cooked).
6 cups brown rice flour
2 cups potato starch
1 cup tapioca flour
Mix well, store in an airtight container.