Classic frosting recipe for cakes and cookies.
- 1/2 cup solid GF vegetable shortening* softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups icing sugar sifted
- 2 Tbsp milk or milk alternative
- Using a mixer, cream together shortening and butter, then add vanilla. Gradually add sugar in, one cup at a time (will be crumbly). Then add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container, and stored for 2 weeks (re-whip before using).
*can replace shortening with more butter, it will just be a richer tasting frosting.