A simple one pot meal everyone will enjoy.
- 4 potatoes peeled & quartered
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rice flour for dusting
- Boil potatoes until just soft, then mash and let cool.
- Thoroughly mix the potatoes with all the rest of the ingredients, and refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Separate the dough into 4 - 6 pieces. Twist into ropes with a diameter of 1/2", then slice into 1/2" long chunks. Be sure to dust the dough with additional rice flour to keep it from sticking as you work with it.
- In a large pot, with salted boiling water, drop the gnocchi in making sure that they don't touch each other as you drop them in. With a slotted spoon, take each cooked gnocchi after they've come to the surface and jiggle them to get rid of extra water.
- Serve these up with warm or melted butter or Marinara sauce.