A light refreshing jam.
|Plum Jam|| |
- 4 lb plums
- 4 lb sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Squeeze the plums through the fingers into a bowl, removing the stones.
- Cook plums, water and lemon juice on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until everything is well combined. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes until the thickness of the jam has been reduced to the consistency of thick honey (or 220°F), stirring occasionally.
- Skim off the foam, remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Return to heat and boil rapidly until setting point is reached (220°F)
- Ladle the jam into 8 hot sterilized jars, using a large mouth funnel.
- Fill the jars to just below the top. Seal with lid and allow to cool.