If you’re looking for something a little different than your regular stir-fry, this is the perfect dish to try. With unique flavors and textures, this hearty noodle dish is guaranteed to please everyone at your table.
Combine sauce ingredients together in a bowl, then prepare the veggies. Fry ground meat until fully cooked and transfer to a plate. Saute mushrooms along with the garlic and ginger.
Soften the rice noodles in boiling water (or as directed by its package), and once the sauce has thickened stir in the cooked ground meat.
Drain noodles well, then add to sauce and toss gently until well coated.
|Spicy Taiwanese Beef & Noodles|| |
- 1 ½ cups Gf beef broth
- 2 Tbsp GF hoisin sauce
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp GF balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Sriracha (or other GF hot sauce)
- Pinch five-spice powder
- 1 Tbsp oil, divided
- 1lb lean ground meat (3/4 pork, ¼ beef)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups fresh shiitake or brown mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup canned bamboo shoots, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg wide GF rice stick noodles
- In a dish whisk together first 6 ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet and fry ground meat until cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and sauté garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots, stirring until softened. Pour in broth mixture, along with meat and green onions, and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Cook noodles according to package, drain well and toss in skillet with sauce.