An easy loaf to make and loaded with yummy dates.
- 1 cup dates pitted and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring dates and water to a boil. Stir in 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar until melted. Remove from heat and stir in baking powder and soda. Let cool for 10 minutes. Place date mixture into a large bowl. Blend in flour, salt, eggs and vanilla. Then stir in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.