Lightly sweetened, with a nutty flavor and texture.
|Almond Cinnamon Bread|| |
Author: Angie Halten
Almond bread is popular in German cuisine. It’s slightly sweet but not overpowering. It can be served with dinner, as a snack, or as a simple dessert.
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup self-rising GF flour mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup blanched almonds, chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, add eggs and sugar and beat until thick consistency is achieved. Slowly add oil and vanilla and mix on high until well combined. Beat in flour and baking powder on medium low.
- Turn off mixer and stir in almonds with a wooden spoon, then pour about an inch layer of batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Then add another one inch layer of batter. Sprinkle with more cinnamon. Continue pattern until batter is gone.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer (if top isn't golden brown yet, place under the broiler for a few minutes).