Let them eat cake! Whether Marie Antoinette actually said those words or not, I’m all for it!
This flourless cake is made with dark chocolate and tart raspberries. To make it even better, you could pour a rich Chocolate Ganache over the cake, then plate each slice set over a drizzle or ‘puddle’ of Raspberry Coulis.
Make this Dark Chocolate & Raspberry Cake as simple, or has decadent as you like.
|Dark Chocolate & Raspberry Cake|| || |
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- ¾ cups dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅔ cup butter or margarine
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1⅓ cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed, drained on paper towel (or fresh raspberries)
- In a large bowl, blend cocoa with hot water until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, melt chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Then add into the cocoa mixture, along with the almond flour, sugar and egg yolks. Stir well then fold in raspberries.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into 2 greased small round pans (or an 11" fluted pan) and bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when tested.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream or covered with a chocolate ganache/glaze.