When you’re used to making a dish one way, like quesadilla’s, its hard to deviate from it. Especially after a long day of work, the last thing you want to be doing is thinking up new ways to liven up your quesadilla.
Which is why you have me! Lime, cilantro and paprika gives these Grilled Shrimp & Lime Quesadillas a unique and wonderfully delicious, mouth-watering flavor (if you don’t like shrimp, use chicken instead).
Grilled Shrimp & Lime Quesadillas
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 lime zested & juiced
- 2 to matoes diced
- Handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 scallions finely diced
- 2 cups GF Monteray Jack cheese shredded
- 8 GF corn tortillas warmed
- In a dish combine first 5 spices. Sprinkle over shrimp until coated (reserve spice mixture). Put shrimp on skewers and grill until cooked. Remove from skewer, chop, then place in a bowl with the lime zest and juice. Toss to coast, set aside.
- Combine diced tomatoes in a bowl with reserved spice mixture. Toss to coat, set aside.
- To build quesadillas, layer a tortilla with the shrimp, tomatoes, some cilantro, avocado and cheese. Top with another tortilla and spray lightly with cooking spray. Gently place quesadilla onto a greased skillet, flip once tortilla starts to brown (or can use an indoor panini/grill press).
- Serve with sour cream and salsa if you desire.