Delicious coffee cake with a lovely crunchy topping.
Pecan & Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup GF semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Biscuit & Baking Mix or GFC Flour Blend
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup GF sour cream
- Filling: mix all ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Cake: Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Next alternately add the Baking Mix and sour cream, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Into a greased 9” spring form pan, spoon 1/3 of the cake batter into pan, completely covering the pan bottom.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the filling over the batter (reserve two tablespoons of filling for the top). Layer the remaining batter and filling, then top with the reserved filling.
- Using a knife, cut into the batter to ‘chunk’ up the top, then bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.