The best peanut butter cookie! They are huge, crispy and chewy!
|Crispy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies|| |
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup GF rolled oats
- ½ cup peanuts or pecans, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp of salt
- Extra white sugar for coating
- In a food processor grind the oats into a powder. Pour into a bowl and add, baking soda, salt and nuts.
- Using a mixer, cream butter until fluffy, then add in peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Add egg, and mix for another minute. Add in dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Scoop about a tablespoon size of dough, and roll into a ball. Then roll ball in a small dish of sugar, place onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and press down with fork. Cookies will spread, so put only 6 on a cookie sheet at one time.
- Bake at 400°F degrees for about 10 minutes.
[hr]FAQ: Are Oats Gluten Free?