These are so delicate, they will literally melt in your mouth. The best shortbread you’ll ever try!
Citrus Shortbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, then add vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift flours together, then add to wet mixture. Mix until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a log. Cover and chill for at least an hour. Then slice cookies and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper (cookies won't spread, so can place close together).
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes.