Sweet, crispy and perfectly delicious! This dough is easy to work with, and rolls out great. So grab your favorite cookie cutters, and get started.
|Classic Sugar Cookies|
- 1¼ cups butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups GFC Flour Blend for Baking
- 1½ tsp xanthan gum
- Pinch salt
- With a mixer, beat butter until creamy then add sugar and salt. Continue beating for a minute then add egg yolks (mixing well after each addition). Beat in zest and vanilla.
- In another bowl mix all dry ingredients, whisk well then add 1 cup at a time to the wet mixture.
- Use hands to form dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes. Then roll out and cut into desired shapes. If you don't have a rolling pin, use whatever you have on hand - like an aluminum water bottle!
- Bake at 350°F for 8-12 minutes (depending on thickness of cookie).