An egg-free cookie popular in Australia.
Anzac (Sweet Goodness on a Stick)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp syrup
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup GF Flour Blend
- 1 cup rice flakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup GF chocolate chips
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, then add syrup and water stirring to dissolve. Remove pan from heat and add the baking soda—it will froth up quickly so be careful.
- Pour the butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place rounded teaspoons, about 5cm apart, on a greased/parchment lined baking tray, flattening them slightly. Insert a popsicle stick into the base of each biscuit. Bake at 300°F for about 18–20 minutes.