Adds great crunch to any salad.
|Cornbread Croutons|| |
- 2 cups GF cornmeal (fine grind)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir together until evenly mixed.
- Stir in milk, oil, and egg, and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into a greased large cookie sheet to form a thin (1/4 inch, approx.) layer.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes until done (be careful not to overcook the bottom - if the top is still very light when the underside is done, you can put the pan under the broiler for a few seconds to lightly brown it).
- When cooked, remove from oven and, using a pizza cutter, score the sheet of cornbread in a grid pattern with each cut being about ½ inch wide. Let cool and break apart to form ½" sized croutons.
For your next turkey dinner, try these when you make Cornbread Stuffing