Re-think what a taco salad should be. Forget the ground beef flavored with taco seasoning, this salad is so much more sophisticated and tasty!
Combine dressing ingredients into a mini processor and puree until smooth and creamy. Or if you don’t have a processor, mash avocado first, whisk remaining ingredients together, then whisk in avocado. Use a bit of the pickling liquid from the canned jalapenos to thin dressing out if needed.
Southwest Taco Salad with Chorizo Croutons
- 1 fresh chorizo link freeze for 45 minutes
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- Handful GF corn chips broken
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp honey or agave
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tsp pickled canned jalapenos (+ 1-2 tsp brine if needed to thin dressing)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Once chorizo has been slightly frozen, thinly slice into 1/4" rounds. Fry in a skillet until fully cooked and lightly crisp.
- Divide chorizo 'croutons' and remaining salad ingredients between 4 bowls.
- For dressing combine all ingredients into a blender or mini food processor and puree until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add some of the brining liquid from the jalapenos until you get the consistency you want.