Re-think what a taco salad should be. Forget the ground beef flavored with taco seasoning, this salad is so much more sophisticated and tasty!
Combine dressing ingredients into a mini processor and puree until smooth and creamy. Or if you don’t have a processor, mash avocado first, whisk remaining ingredients together, then whisk in avocado. Use a bit of the pickling liquid from the canned jalapenos to thin dressing out if needed.
|Southwest Taco Salad with Chorizo Croutons|| |
- 1 fresh chorizo link (freeze for 45 minutes)
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ¼ cup corn
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- Handful GF corn chips, broken
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp honey or agave
- ½ avocado
- 2 tsp pickled (canned) jalapenos (+ 1-2 tsp brine if needed to thin dressing)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Once chorizo has been slightly frozen, thinly slice into ¼" rounds. Fry in a skillet until fully cooked and lightly crisp.
- Divide chorizo 'croutons' and remaining salad ingredients between 4 bowls.
- For dressing combine all ingredients into a blender or mini food processor and puree until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add some of the brining liquid from the jalapenos until you get the consistency you want.