This uniquely flavored salad is unlike any other you’ve tried, and is equally delicious served warm or cold. Sweet potatoes and scallions are roasted to bring out their sweetness, then tossed in a savory vinaigrette.
|Grilled Sweet Potato & Scallion Salad|| |
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch scallions
- ⅓ olive oil
- 1 tsp GF Dijon or regular mustard
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp GF balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp honey or agave
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Place whole sweet potatoes in oven and bake at 375°F, until just fork tender (about 45 minutes). Peel if desired, and cut into large chunks.
- Drizzle sweet potato and scallions with oil and grill until tender (turning often). Once tender, remove from heat and chop scallions into 1" pieces.
- To make the dressing: whisk together the remaining ingredients, except parsley, until smooth. Add sweet potatoes, scallions, and parsley, toss until coated. Serve warm or at room temperature.
[hr]FAQ: Is Balsamic Vinegar Safe?