A simple salad delicious anytime of the year.
Cucumber Dill Salad
- 1-2 large cucumbers peeled, quartered lengthwise, then sliced crosswise
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh dill basil, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp rice or white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the basil, chiffonade it by stacking the leaves on top of each other, rolling them up like a cigar, and taking thin slices from one end to the other.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, or make ahead (up to a couple of hours) and chill.