This booze soaked fruit is an adults-only dessert! Fresh mint, crunchy sweet pecans and juicy watermelon are the perfect after dinner combination to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Spiked Watermelon Salad
- 1 medium watermelon cut into 1" cubes
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 6 Tbsp GF fruity liqueur ie. pomegranate, crème de cassis, melon
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large bowl mix lemon and sugar together until dissolved. Add in alcohol, then watermelon cubes. Light toss, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (anything longer than 2 hrs and the melon will soak up too much alcohol).
- To make candied pecans; in a skillet toast pecans until just before browned. Add oil and sugar, and stir continuously until sugar is dissolved (about 3-5 minutes). Let cool.
- To assemble; drain watermelon and put into serving dishes. Top with mint and pecans.
[hr]FAQ: Which Alcohol Is Gluten Free?