A classic cookie, tender and loaded with chocolate chips.
Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup GF chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, then add milk and vanilla.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes (this will allow the flours to be fully absorbed by the wet ingredients, and will prevent dough from melting too fast in oven creating thin flat cookies).
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies edges turn golden brown (but still a bit soft in the middle).
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.