Almond flavored cookies sandwiched together with a layer of jam.
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 4 oz GF low fat cream cheese
- 2 cups GF French Bread & Pizza Mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon or orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp orange or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of your favorite jam
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Combine 1 cup French Bread Mix, sugar, baking powder, and zest. Beat into butter mixture. Add egg, vanilla and orange or lemon juice, then beat in remaining 1 cup of French Bread Mix.
- Divide into two balls, cover and chill dough for 2 hours.
- Roll dough between two sheets of plastic wrap until ¼ inch thick (or thinner), then cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Cool completely, then spread jam on one side of cookie, and sandwich with another.