Thanks to Debbie Paradisa Foster for sharing this recipe with us on the GFC Facebook page.
Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Box Betty Crocker GF Yellow Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup apples finely shredded
- 1/4 cup pecans finely chopped
- 4 oz GF cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 - 3 tsp milk or milk alternative
- In a large bowl beat cake mix, water, butter, cinnamon, eggs and vanilla on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Fold in apples and pecans, then spread batter in a greased 8" pan and bake at 350°F for 35 - 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Using a mixer, add all frosting ingredients together and blend until smooth, then spread on cake.