Tender chicken over a bed of fragrant cauliflower with an amazing texture thanks to a blend of mustard and cumin seeds. Green apple is added for moisture and a bit of sweetness to balance the bold flavor from the curry.
Be sure to cut the cauliflower into tiny florets - that is the key to the delicate textures in this dish!
Toss all the ingredients together and place in a baking dish or in a rimmed baking sheet, so long as everything is in a single layer - as we want browning to occur evenly over everything.
Toss the grilled chicken together with the curried cauliflower and enjoy!
|Grilled Chicken Thighs with Curried Cauliflower|
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ cup GF chicken stock
- 1 (green skinned variety) apple, peeled and finely diced
- 1 head caulifower, cut into small florets
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- In a large bowl combine the oil, seeds and curry powder, mixing well. Add in the chicken stock, apple and cauliflower, tossing until completely coated.
- Pour mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet, or a baking dish (so long as mixture is in a single layer) and bake at 375°F for 35 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and browned. Taste and salt if needed.
- Grill chicken until fully cooked, then toss together with the cauliflower mixture and serve.