Spinach and cheese filling, rolled inside a tender chicken breast.
Feta & Spinach-Stuffed Chicken
- 8 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach or 1 package frozen spinach, drained
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg yolk slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp GF flour or GF baking mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Sauté spinach and onion in oil until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and toss in all cheeses, egg, salt, pepper and flour then stir well.
- On a flatten chicken breast (see Note below), put about an ice cream scoop size dollop of the spinach mixture on each chicken breast and spread somewhat thin. Then roll up (use a toothpick if necessary), and place seam-side down on a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.