Spinach and cheese filling, rolled inside a tender chicken breast.
|Feta & Spinach-Stuffed Chicken|| |
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach (or 1 package frozen spinach, drained)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp GF flour or GF baking mix
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Sauté spinach and onion in oil until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and toss in all cheeses, egg, salt, pepper and flour then stir well.
- On a flatten chicken breast (see Note below), put about an ice cream scoop size dollop of the spinach mixture on each chicken breast and spread somewhat thin. Then roll up (use a toothpick if necessary), and place seam-side down on a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.