Wrapping chicken in a thin slice of gluten free proscuitto (or pancetta or other deli ham), along with fragrant and velvety fresh sage leaves is all you need to create a intensely flavorful meal. This Proscuitto & Sage Wrapped Chicken is so easy to make, after a long days work this will be ready and on the table in under 40 minutes!
Drizzle with oil and fry in skillet until fully cooked. Remove from pan and set aside. To the skillet, add butter, garlic and remaining sage into pan, stirring and deglazing pan until garlic is fragrant and a sauce is created.
Proscuitto & Sage Wrapped Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 4 slices GF prosciutto or other thinly sliced ham
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 cloves garlic chopped or minced
- Butterfly breasts, and sprinkle with pepper. Place 5 leaves on each breast, the top with 2 slices of prosciutto, tucking ends under. Drizzle top with a bit of oil.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and cook chicken on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- To skillet add butter, garlic and remaining sage into pan, stirring and deglazing pan until garlic is fragrant and a sauce is created.