A classic brownies with butterscotch, caramel taste and colour.
- 1/2 cup butter margarine or shortening
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/ 4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup dates chopped
- 1 cup nuts chopped
- Cream butter and brown sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light.
- Combine flours, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt in medium bowl, mixing well. Blend into egg mixture at low speed, then stir in dates and nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in greased 9x13 pan, and bake at 350F degrees for 30-35 minutes.