Buttery toffee coated popcorn.
- 6 - 8 cups freshly popped corn
- 1 cup almonds or pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Mix sugar, butter and corn syrup together in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir. Continue to boil for 5 minutes more without stirring.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla, almond extract, salt and baking soda. Mix the popcorn and almonds together then toss together with the sugar mixture until popcorn is well coated.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet and evenly spread out. Bake at 250°F for about half an hour. Stir half way into the baking.
- Let cool 10 minutes , then break up clusters and keep it in an airtight container after cooled.