My biggest pet peeve with s’mores? That the graham cracker squares (even gluten free brands) are too hard, so when you bite into the s’more, the melted marshmallow and chocolate ooze out the sides and all over your hands.
My solution – make your own graham squares!
These delicious squares will melt in your mouth along with all its ooey-gooey goodness inside!
|S'mores with Homemade Graham Squares|| |
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (dark or light)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup GF Flour Blend (or Bob's Red Bill Biscuit & Baking Mix)
- ½ cup GF graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp GF baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Using a mixer, beat butter with sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients together, then add in butter mixture. Mix until combined and crumbly. Press into a 9x9 pan and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into squares while still in pan. Set aside to cool completely.
- Press ⅔ of crumb mixture into an 8x8 pan. Spread GF chocolate chips over crust (amount you like), then sprinkle over GF mini marshmallows (amount you like), then crumble the remaining crust over top. Bake as directed. Cool completely before cutting.