Pull-apart cinnamon bun style breakfast loaf.
|Monkey Cake|| |
- 2½ cups self-rising GF flour mix
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ¾ cup milk or milk alternative
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, melted
- Mix mixture #1 in bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter in mixture #2 and stir in sugar. Bring to a boil and boil three minutes, then set aside.
- Mix together the flour with the melted butter until blended; stir in milk and mix until well blended.
- Turn out on floured surface and kneed a few times. Roll out (or press out with hands) to about ⅜" thick and cut into 1½" squares. Does not have to be exact as this only makes making the monkey balls easier. Roll each into balls about 1" round.
- Roll in mixture #1 and place in greased loaf pan.
- Pour mixture #2 over the monkey cake in loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Turn out on plate immediately upon removing from the oven.