A rainbow of colors can be found right on your plate…
Red, orange, yellow and green pepper rings are used to cook your eggs in. Then are laid over a nest of shredded yellow potatoes and bright orange sweet potato hashbrowns.
See how truly colorful and appetizing this breakfast is:
|Red Pepper & Eggs on Sweet Potato Hashbrown Nests|| |
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- ½ sweet potato, peeled
- ¼ small onion, finely diced (optional)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 5 eggs, divided
- 1 Tbsp rice flour
- 4 peppers
- Salt, pepper & spices of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Shred all peeled potatoes using a large grater or a julienne grater (that's what I used in the picture). Toss together into a bowl, along with onion if using.
- Using a oven safe skillet, heat 2 Tbsp oil, then fry potato mixture until starts to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg, flour, and seasonings of your choice. Pour into skillet, mixing fast until evenly incorporated. Then shape into 4 wells/patties using the spatula or spoon. Place in hot oven and continue baking until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes (depends on thickness of grated potatoes).
- Slice peppers into ½"-3/4" thick slices. If they are narrow peppers, you may need to make the slices 1" wide, so the egg doesn't spill when added. You want 2-3 nicely shaped pepper slices per person.
- Heat a skillet with 1 Tbsp oil, then add pepper slices. Let them fry on med-high for about a minute, then crack an egg into each one. Reduce heat to medium and cook until done to your liking (for harder eggs, after a few minutes of cooking, add a few tablespoons of water to pan, and cover with a lid until done).
- Remove hashbrown nests from oven and place a egg/pepper slice over each one.