Using Old Bay Seasoning (yes it’s gluten-free!) gives a wonderful flavor to these succulent crab cakes.
|Old Bay Crab Cakes with Homemade Tartar Sauce|| || |
Author: Marla Hingley
Using Old Bay Seasoning (yes it's gluten-free!) gives a wonderful flavor to these succulent crab cakes.
- ¾ cup GF mayonnaise
- ¼ cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp GF Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp GF hot sauce
- 1 cup GF mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp GF Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups GF Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- Mix together all ingredients for tartar sauce, and let refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- For the crab cakes, in a large bowl mix together everything except breadcrumbs and crabmeat, until well blended. Gently stir in the remaining ingredients, until just combined.
- Shape into 3” wide patties, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Fry in a hot oiled skillet until golden on both sides.
- Serve hot with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
For added flavor, add some finely chopped cooked bacon (about 8 slices).