|Mango Chutney|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
This sweet and spicy Indian condiment can be used to add a touch of exotic flavor on everything from pizza to samosas.
- ½ cup water
- ¼ - ½ cup pitted dates, chopped or pureed (more for sweetness)
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp GF Madras curry paste
- ½ tsp mustard seeds (or pickling spice mix)
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 ½ cups mango, diced (mix with peaches if desired)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients except mangoes and cilantro. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring often, until dates are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mangoes and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Pour into sealable jars and refrigerate up to two weeks.