- ½ cup water
- ¼ - ½ cup pitted dates chopped or pureed (more for sweetness)
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp GF Madras curry paste
- ½ tsp mustard seeds or pickling spice mix
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 ½ cups mango diced (mix with peaches if desired)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients except mangoes and cilantro. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring often, until dates are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mangoes and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Pour into sealable jars and refrigerate up to two weeks.