Almond-Crusted Wild Salmon with Leek & Lemon Sauce
Crunchy almonds over baked salmon, then smothered in a savory lemon sauce.
Almond-Crusted Salmon with Leek & Lemon Sauce
- 4 wild salmon fillets rinsed & patted dry
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1-2 Tbsp oil
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 leeks thinly diced
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream or alternative - see Note
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly whisk egg in a shallow dish, set aside.
- Combine coating ingredients and put into another shallow dish. Dip salmon in the egg mixture, then dredge in the coating mixture. Place fillets on a greased baking sheet, and top with sliced almonds. Drizzle with a bit of oil.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 - 20 minutes, until done. Drizzle a bit more oil over topping, then broil for a few minutes to brown the top.
- For sauce, sauté butter and leeks for 2 minutes on med-high heat, then turn down to low and simmer until tender (10 - 15 minutes). Increase heat to medium, add lemon juice and stir until liquid evaporates, then whisk in cream. Simmer until reduced and thickened, then season with salt and pepper.
- To serve with sauce on the side, or poured over each fillet.