Cooking the rice in coconut milk, bring this dish to a whole new level that couldn’t be reached by otherwise. And what two exotic flavors go better together than coconut and curry! Simple, yet delicious!
|Coconut Curry Fried Rice|| || |
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups coconut milk (beverage), or less according to package directions
- 1 egg, optional
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions, using coconut milk instead of water. If you have the time, spread rice out on a baking sheet to cool. This will 'set' the rice and prevent it from clumping when fried.
- Into a hot skillet scramble egg with 1 Tbsp oil, then set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet, along with scallions and curry powder. Stir-fry for 1 minutes, then add cooked rice. Toss until well coated, then stir in egg and season to taste with salt and pepper.
[hr]FAQ: Learn how to make your own Coconut Milk