A golden cookie rolled in almonds with a jam center.
Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups GF French Bread Pizza Mix or GF Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup almond flour/meal divided
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup raspberry strawberry or apricot jam preserves
- Combine all purpose mix, sugar, 3/4 cup almond flour, and lemon rind.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter until soft and fluffy. Add egg yolk and beat well.
- Add in the flour mixture and beat until blended. Roll dough into walnut-size balls, then roll balls in egg white and then in remaining 1/4 cup ground almonds.
- Place about 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Press thumb into center of each cookie and press any cracked edges back together. Bake at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- Press tip of a teaspoon into thumbprint to deepen the depression, and fill with a small amount of jam preserves.